- 1 1. Embracing Nature: Incorporating Natural Elements
- 1.1 2. Bold Colors: Making a Statement
- 1.2 3. Sustainable Design: Going Green
- 1.3 4. Minimalist Approach: Less is More
- 1.4 5. Mix and Match: Combining Different Materials
- 1.5 6. Outdoor Living Spaces: Bringing the Inside Out
- 1.6 7. Smart Technology: Integrating Home Automation
- 1.7 8. Vertical Gardens: Bringing Greenery to Your Walls
- 1.8 9. Energy Efficiency: Incorporating Solar Panels
- 1.9 10. Statement Lighting: Creating a Dramatic Effect
1. Embracing Nature: Incorporating Natural Elements
One of the biggest trends in exterior home design for 2018 is the integration of natural elements. Homeowners are increasingly drawn to materials such as stone, wood, and brick to create a more organic and rustic look. From using natural stone for the facade to incorporating wooden accents, these materials help bring the beauty of nature to your home’s exterior.
2. Bold Colors: Making a Statement
Gone are the days of neutral-colored exteriors. This year, homeowners are opting for bold and vibrant colors to make a statement. Whether it’s a bright blue front door or a bold red accent wall, adding a pop of color can instantly transform the look of your home and make it stand out from the rest.
3. Sustainable Design: Going Green
With the increasing focus on sustainability, eco-friendly design is becoming a major trend in exterior home design. Incorporating renewable materials, such as reclaimed wood or recycled metal, not only helps reduce your carbon footprint but also adds a unique and stylish touch to your home’s exterior.
4. Minimalist Approach: Less is More
Minimalism is all the rage in 2018, and this trend extends to exterior home design as well. Clean lines and simple shapes are taking center stage, with homeowners opting for sleek and modern designs. This minimalist approach not only creates a visually appealing look but also makes maintenance easier and more efficient.
5. Mix and Match: Combining Different Materials
Gone are the days of sticking to one material for your home’s exterior. Mixing and matching different materials, such as wood, stone, and metal, can create a visually interesting and unique look. Whether it’s a combination of brick and wood or metal and glass, experimenting with different materials can add depth and character to your home’s exterior.
6. Outdoor Living Spaces: Bringing the Inside Out
Outdoor living spaces are becoming increasingly popular, and this trend is set to continue in 2018. Creating a seamless transition between your indoor and outdoor spaces not only expands your living area but also adds value to your home. From patio lounges to outdoor kitchens, incorporating these spaces into your home’s exterior design can create a relaxing and inviting atmosphere.
7. Smart Technology: Integrating Home Automation
As technology continues to advance, so does its integration into our homes. Smart technology is making its way into exterior home design, with features such as automated lighting, security systems, and irrigation systems becoming more popular. These smart features not only enhance the functionality of your home but also add a touch of modernity to its exterior.
8. Vertical Gardens: Bringing Greenery to Your Walls
Vertical gardens, also known as living walls, are a great way to incorporate greenery into your home’s exterior design. These gardens not only provide a natural and refreshing look but also help improve air quality and reduce noise pollution. Whether it’s a small vertical garden near your entrance or a full-fledged living wall, incorporating this trend can instantly elevate the look of your home.
9. Energy Efficiency: Incorporating Solar Panels
With the increasing focus on energy efficiency, more homeowners are opting to install solar panels on their homes. Not only do solar panels help reduce energy bills, but they also contribute to a cleaner and greener environment. By incorporating solar panels into your home’s exterior design, you can showcase your commitment to sustainability while also enjoying the benefits of renewable energy.
10. Statement Lighting: Creating a Dramatic Effect
Lighting plays a crucial role in exterior home design, and in 2018, statement lighting is taking center stage. Whether it’s a dramatic pendant light at your entrance or LED strip lighting to highlight architectural features, incorporating statement lighting can instantly transform the look of your home and create a welcoming ambiance.